Yes, the full amount of your tickets is reimbursed in the form of credits on your Ticketmaster account. In addition to tickets, you may also have purchased an NS return ticket, parking ticket or other service. In that case, only your full (event)ticket value will be converted into a voucher, and the amount you paid for these extra services will be transferred back to you in money. Note: products that have been bought and already delivered (for example T-shirts, hearing protection) are not reimbursed.
- Ticketmaster Help
- Cancelled or rescheduled events due to COVID-19
- More information about applying for a voucher or refund
Articles in this section
- Why do event promoters issue vouchers?
- How and when do I request a voucher?
- When will I receive my voucher?
- For what and until when can I redeem my voucher?
- Will I be reimbursed the full amount in a voucher?
- Why can't I use the voucher yet?
- I have multiple tickets, and I want to use some for the new date and exchange some for a voucher. Is this possible?
- I bought a ticket from a resale site. What should I do?
- Can I give/transfer my voucher to someone else?
- Do I have to accept the voucher / credits?